The 1st year since the launch of our new Alumni Online Community... big success!
Our new system has seen tremendous success in uptake. Whereas in our old system we never had more than 3000 alumni accounts – many of which inactive – our new system after less than a year has almost 5000 who have all activated their accounts personally in more than one year. The main drivers are our Alumni events, thematic/ regional groups, but most importantly, Alumni anniversary dinners, which we now organised for every promotion every 5 years (in contrast to every 10 years in the past), as well as our new newsletters (weekly Career newsletter & Alumni newsletter) as well as the recent generations of alumni who are system is particularly successful with.
Here are some interesting information to share. Since June 2017, our online Alumni online community has:
- Almost 5000 alumni have actived their accounts in something more than one year (i.e. more than 1/3 of ALL alumni of the College)
- For 19% of alumni we have the country, for 10% the region and for 71% the city of residence (all updated within the past year) – active alumni on almost every continent;
- Of the current promotion, Simone Veil, 74% of alumni already activated their accounts before graduation (allowing them full member access to all features in a view to support their search when it comes to thesis and job opportunities through the Alumni “Who’s Who” tool);
- 14 Alumni Regional and Thematic groups (with more dedicated spaces currently under construction), including a “Welcome to Brussels” information hub aiming to help recently graduated alumni to better integrate the Brussels “bubble”;
- More than 1000 job offers created by alumni themselves and board members;
- More than 70 events of general interest, Alumni Thematic and Regional groups;
- Alumni goodie webshop;
- Send out more than 250 e-mail campaigns (Career and regular Alumni newsletters, general information, event invitations, information specific groups, promotion of student initiatives and regional groups, etc.); and
- Alumni opened the Association’s e-mails 182 920 times in less than a year