Lobbying today has—out of necessity—become increasingly sophisticated.
An effective lobbying strategy must strike a balance between providing accurate and objective information, whilst promoting the concerned party’s favoured solutions. Decision-makers and policy influencers are receptive to best practice lobbying and are engaging more than ever with all interested stakeholders, as this helps them make better and informed decisions.
But in this crowded stakeholder landscape, what are the best strategies, tactics, and tools which will ensure you are heard above the rest? How can you make the most impact? And how can you secure a long-term and good decision which will not be revisited the following year?
On 19 February 2018, a panel of EU lobbying practitioners gathered by Russell PATTEN, CEO at Grayling Belgium and Chair of European Public Affairs for Europe, discussed these questions and shared their respective experiences with the students.
The panel included the following speakers:
- Simone BOSELLI, Public Affairs Director, European Organisation for Rare Diseases (EURORDIS);
- Felix UEDELHOVEN, Agricultural Policy and Stakeholder Affairs Manager, Bayer CropScience;
- Patrick KEATING, European Government Affairs Manager, Honda Motor Europe;
- Harald BOEREKAMP, Senior Director, Head of Tech/Digital Department, Grayling Belgium, alumnus of the College of Europe, Leonardo DA VINCI Promotion;
- Russell PATTEN, CEO Grayling Belgium, Chairman, Grayling Europe PA, alumnus of the College of Europe, Altiero SPINELLI Promotion.
The event was organised by the Department of Political and Governance Studies.
For more information please contact Ernestas OLDYREVAS.